13 April 2011

Our Road Trip/Vacation

These photos are backwards according to time, but you get the idea, and I get to check this off my to do list :) This past month we flew down to Houston, TX and stayed with some friends who had picked up our new RV for us. We then ventured off on a 2 1/2 week road trip up the coast back home. I took most of the photos from the trip with my "real" camera, which I now cannot find the cord to hook up to my computer and get the photos off, so hopefully I will find it soon and be able to add on to this post.


In Phoenix we went to the zoo with my Parents, and Joshua got to ride a camel with his Dad.


Joshua and Kali at the zoo. We always stop at big hippos and take photos because hippos are Nana's favorite. Trying on hats at an antuique shop in Huntsvill, TX with Jack and Patty.
Patty and I filled up the kiddy pool with the hose and then decided it was too cold for the kids, so we moved it into the sun so it could warm up in the 75* weather. well, as soon as Kali saw the water there was no keeping her out of it, so I quickly stripped her down and the kids had fun playing for well over an hour.


Before we left on the trip I made a waterbottle carrier for Joshua so that while we were at the zoo and later this summer when we go hiking, I will no longer have to carry his water. I used Lightning McQueen material that I have had for a while not knowing what to do with it, and Joshua was more than thrilled with it.


Joshua LOVES his GeoTrax, but we always have the issue of Kali taking apart the tracks and taking the trains off, well Joshua found a way that they could both be happy with the trains.


I love that he loves his sister so much, this is the front of the previous photo while they are watching the trains.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

You were in Houston and didn't come say hello?!

Jessica said...

It was SO SO good to see you...I'm just mad that i didn't think to take any pictures...too early :)