
Joshua just loves doing whatever Daddy is doing, so of course after watching Daddy shovel for a while, he had to pitch in. He got so dirty that day, bet we sure had fun working as a family out in the yard.

This is one of James' most recent (toy) purchases, it is a 1963 Military Deuce and a half. The plans are to make it into a dump truck, but since we no longer have a garage, that will have to wait, and driving it onto hills and using a bobcat and shovel will have to work for now. We put in I think 2-3 truck loads of gravel into the driveway, and then another 2 truckloads of slightly larger rocks under the front steps and around the walkway here at the apartment. James also took out two big stumps that were in the middle of one side of the lawn, and top dressed the other side of the lawn, and then reseeded. Now if w can just keep the other tenants off of the new grass we should have a beautiful lawn here pretty soon.

Seeing how I cannot do much shoveling an lifting, James taught me how to operate the bobcat, so that I could help out a bit more. It was actually a lot more fun than I was expecting, but it is amazing how much better James is in the thing than I am, but all I need is a bit more practice and I should be up to par.

This is the other Deuce that James bought, it has the Arctic package on the back (meaning that the insulation over the cargo area is rated for -20 degrees Fahrenheit, and it has a heater in the back). Although I was not too happy about James buying both of the Deuces without really talking to me about it, I was sad to see this one leave when he sold it, I did not even get to go camping in it. He also bought one of the old military trailers that goes with these beasts, my plan was to keep this deuce and turn the trailer into the dump truck bed thing. So anyhow, next time you are driving down the road and think you are about to pass an army convoy, check who is driving, it may just be my sweet hubby in his big tonka truck. (do they ever grow out of this?)
1 comment:
Joe can't believe the monsters that you guys have!! They are HUGE!!! Great photos and video of JJ. Kids always do that - put on this whole show and the moment you wanna catch it they stop!! It happens EVERY time!! Will do up some pics of the new house - more like a video of the new house so that it is easier to see. Take care! xoxoxox
Post a Comment